February 15, 2011
New Speakers Announced for the 3rd Annual Personalized Medicine Partnerships Conference
New speakers have been announced for Arrowhead's 3rd Annual Personalized Medicine Partnerships Conference.
This conference will shed light on issues of paramount importance to the future of personalized medicine, including the importance of Rx-Dx partnerships, clinical utility/validation, adoption and the commercial realities of personalized medicine in the global healthcare marketplace.
Personalized medicine has the potential to revolutionize medical care by utilizing an improved understanding of genetics and molecular biology to allow for better diagnostic tests, more precise diagnoses, greater predictability of disease course, and improved patient safety by selecting not only the right drug for a patient but also the proper dosage to reduce adverse effects.
Newly announced speakers include:
- Keith F. Batchelder, MD, CEO and Founder, Genomic Healthcare Strategies
- John Beeler, Ph.D., Director, Theranostics and Business Development, Biomerieux
- Troyen A. Brennan, M.D., M.P.H., Executive Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, CVS Caremark Corporation
- Pierre Cassigneul, President, CEO, XDx
- Patricia Deverka, M.D., Senior Research Director, Center for Medical Technology Policy (CMTP), Research Associate Professor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Yves Dubaquie, Ph.D., Director, Business Development & Licensing, Novartis Molecular Diagnostics
- Kathy Hibbs, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Genomic Health
- Peter Keeling, Chief Executive Officer, Diaceutics
- Andrea Lauber, Ph.D., Head, Transactions for Clinical Biomarkers and Pharmacodiagnostics, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Gabriela Lavezzari, Ph.D., Senior Manager, Extramural R&D, Medco
- Elizabeth Mansfield, Ph.D., Director, Personalized Medicine, Office of In Vitro Diagnostics, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA
- John O'Connor, Executive Director, Technnology Licensing, Amgen
- Margaret Piper, Ph.D., M.P.H., Director, Genomics Resources, The Technology Evaluation Center (TEC), Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Charlie Raffin, Consulting Partner, CJR Advisors, LLC, former Vice President Commercial Assessment, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics,
- Debra Rasmussen, RAC, MBA, Worldwide Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs, Companion Diagnostics Center of Excellence, Johnson & Johnson
- Mollie Roth, Esq., Chief Operating Officer, Diaceutics
- Rick Schatzberg, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Generation Health
- Michael Sloan, VP Business Development, Almac Diagnostics
- Scott Taylor, RPh, MBA, Executive Director, Industry Relations, Geisinger Health System
- Patrick Terry, Principal, Pricing & Market Access Group, Scientia Advisors LLC
- Richard Watts, Director of Business Development for Companion Diagnostic Partnerships, QIAGEN
Speakers and panelists will answer the following key questions:
- What types of challenges need to be met in order to realize the true commercial potential of personalized medicine?
- Will insurers fund the genomic revolution? What types of validation requirements are they looking for? What will be their criteria for reimbursement?
- What are the real-world challenges to successful adoption of molecular/companion diagnostics?
- Who needs to partner in order to advance the field of personalized medicine? What are the goals, utility and challenges associated with Rx-Dx partnerships? How and when are relationships being initiated today?
- How are companies navigating their way through the world's regulatory bodies?
- What kind of impact are Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and for that matter new genetic testing benefit managers going to have on the future of personalized medicine? What types of efforts are being made to influence adoption via physician education?
- Presentations from key figures within the diagnostics and biopharmaceutical industries
- Panel discussions covering a variety of topics of interest to stakeholders in personalized medicine
- Timely case studies of actual ongoing personalized medicine partnerships
- Mid-stream workshops
- Numerous networking opportunities aided by Arrowhead's pre-conference online networking suite
Please visit www.personalizedmedicinepartnerships.com for more information.